Many consultants and self-employed professionals have the issue of selling their time to make money, which means a lot of work and little room for off time. Maybe the off time isn’t that big of a deal to you, but a problem that can arise from having this routine is when unexpected events cause an interruption.
If you can’t work, you can’t make money; which means you can’t pay bills, take care of your family, live your life, etc. This is where eKco comes in, a digital content distribution platform that allows you to sell and distribute your videos and other digital content, to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Turning your online content into products that can generate passive income is not only a way for you to add to your income and stop trading hours for dollars, but it also allows you to add to your customer’s experience.
1. The benefits of selling your digital content with eKco
- Use existing content such as training webinars, instructional podcasts, PowerPoint presentations and PDF or Word guides that you’ve saved, but never used again.
- You can group your digital products into individual packages like a video course or a structured course that includes video, audio file and downloadable documents. You can also create a playlist product that includes multiple courses you’ve uploaded to your eKco account.
- Some digital content platforms can be a bit technical, making it hard to set up at first; this is not the case when using eKco. If you can upload a video to YouTube, you will have no problem using eKco.
- eKco is mobile-friendly, although it’s not meant to be fully managed from mobile devices. You can access your account from mobile devices and visualize your site, you just can’t upload your digital content from your mobile devices (but then again, your saved webinar or PowerPoint presentation aren’t saved on your smartphone or tablet).
- eKco is set up for entrepreneurs who have knowledge they can sell, not for trainers who have students or are looking for a platform to teach a class. With this in mind the platform is geared to allow you to track your sales and your eKco account’s user activity.
2. How does eKco make it easy for you?
- Easy-to-use platform, no technical expertise required. You don’t need a special software or training to use eKco. All you need is an Internet connection.
- When you sign-in to your account, the eKco tour automatically walks you through your admin dashboard and the possibility to revisit the tour remains active at all times. This means you can always return to it if need be.
- eKco supports the most widely used file formats for video (FLV, MOV, MP4, WMV, non-DRM M4V), audio (MP3, MP4, OGG) and document (DOC, DOCX, PDF, PPT) type content. This means you shouldn’t require a converter for your saved digital content.
- You can add users and presenters to your eKco site, which allows collaboration if you have partners that also develop digital content or if you’re looking to pass on some of the management tasks of your eKco account to someone else.
- They have a responsive support team. When you report an issue you can expect a response within 24-48 hours.
3. What costs do you incur with eKco?
- The nice thing about eKco is that before you start incurring any costs you can try it out for free for 30 days. They don’t ask for any credit card information when you sign up so you won’t have any surprise costs when your free trial is over.
- If you decide to keep your eKco account after your initial test run your costs are based on their 3 tier price model, which are: Starter package $29/month, Moderate package $49/month, and Professional package $119/month.
- eKco uses automatic tiering based on criteria such as the number of users or the bandwidth required, meaning you only pay what you use; no commissions, revenue splits, or hidden fees.
4. Why should you use a platform like eKco
- If you have digital content sitting around that is useful and valuable to your customers/potential customers; something you know they can use to benefit from for their own business or day to day life, and that they would buy.
- If you are looking for ways to add to your income, but without taking up a chunk of your time.
- If you want to create a self-sustainable business model that doesn’t require your presence 24/7.
- If you want to provide additional value to your customers by offering visual content products, which are appealing and engaging due to their interactive nature.
- If you’re looking for a way to easily distribute and/or sell your knowledge without incurring excessive costs to set it up on your own website or without having to learn anything technical.
5. Additional features that make eKco a plus
- Customization features: Change name and tagline to match your website, modify font styles and colors, and background.
- Integrate your eKco account with your existing domain.
- Connect your PayPal account to receive payments, no middle man.
On eKco’s platform you must set up to receive payments through your PayPal account, which means if you don’t have an account you have to get one or if you want to use a specific merchant account/payment gateway, you need to send them a request. Also, at the moment, the only accepted currency is USD; but they are looking to add other currencies in the future.
Other than these two caveats, eKco is a great option for business professionals to use if looking for ways to grow their business and have a way to generate passive income. You have nothing to lose, except for testing eKco out to see the results for yourself.
In what other ways have you managed to get off the trading ‘hours for dollars’ treadmill?